Gluten-Free Banana Bread Protein Muffin Recipe
Pre or post workout, after school snack or for breakfast, this protein packed muffin is moist, delicious and packed with long-lasting energy. Nutritious brainfood for your family's day.
- 1 package Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- ½ t. xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate protein powder
- 2/3 c. sugar (we use palm sugar)
- 2 eggs (or egg replacer)
- 1 ½ c. buttermilk**(vegan version below)
- 4 T. oil of choice
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Add in mashed banana and mix well.
- Into the wet mixture, add Zemas mix, xanthan gum, protein powder.
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter. (optional)
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each ¾ of the way full.
- Bake 20 minutes, and then cool before removing.
- **To make vegan buttermilk, add 1 T. vinegar to your milk of coice an dlet sit for 5 minutes. These freeze well for future snacking!
- If you enjoyed munching on these Banana Bread Protein Muffins, then you will love these gluten-free Blueberry Banana Muffins recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/