Zemas Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Apple-Ginger Waffle Recipe
Apple season meets our Sweet Potato Waffles. This warming chutney filled with sweet apples and fresh ginger, is healthy, delicious and aids in digestion. Enjoy with a dollop of whipped coconut cream.
- 1 package Zemas Gluten-Free Peruvian Sweet Potato Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 egg (or egg replacer)
- 1 1/3 c. milk of choice
- 3 T. oil of choice
- 1/4 c. pure maple syrup
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
Apple Ginger Chutney Ingredients
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 3 T. pure maple syrup
- 1 T. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ¼ t. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 t. ground nutmeg
- Preheat waffle iron to medium.
- Spray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Add entire mix to wet ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Ladle ¼ c. of batter into waffle iron and cook as directed by your waffle iron.
- In a small saucepan combine all ingredients.
- Cook over a medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Lower heat and cover; let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Use to top waffles.
- Note: Add a dollop of our Cinnamon-Coconut Whipped Cream and/or Ginger Maple Syrup.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/