29 Dec 2014
Apple Crisp Recipe
Zemas Gluten-Free Apple Crisp
Zemas Apple Crisp is a perfect dessert to make with your kids and top off with ice cream!
- ½ c. Zemas Gluten-Free Cinnamon-Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix
- 8-10 apples, peeled, cored and thinly slices (Granny Smith or Honeycrisp)
- 1/2 c. gluten-free oats
- ½ c. palm sugar (sugar of choice)
- 4 T. butter, cold and diced (dairy-free or regular) or ½ c. oil of choice (grapeseed oil, coconut oil)
- 1-2 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. starch (arrowroot, tapioca, corn starch)
- ¼ c. walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In large mixing bowl toss apples, lemon juice, tapioca starch, and sugar. Pour into baking dish.
- In a second bowl combine Zemas mix with the diced butter or oil, sugar and optional nuts gently with your hands.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of the fruit.
- Bake for 45 minutes on top of a parchment paper lined cookie sheet (in case of spill over). Crisp should be bubbly with a slightly browned top.
- Save remaining Zemas mix in an air-tight container for additional crisps. Mix up it with different fruits based on the season or family favorites.
- Love Zemas Apple Crisp? Try our on-the-go gluten-free Berry Bars recipe, a great after school snack.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/
Please follow and like us: