Zemas Gluten Free Almond Date Mousse Cups
A decadent dessert perfect for any social gathering. No one will know how healthy and nutritious these satisfying cookie cups are. Filled with a rich, nutrient dense and creamy mousse made from just two superfood ingredients!
- Cookie Cups
- 1 package of Zemas Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie mix
- 2 T. unsweetened applesauce
- 4 T. oil of choice
- ½ T. pure vanilla extract
Date Almond Mousse
- 2 c. pitted dates, soaked in ¾ c. water overnight
- 1 c. raw almonds, soaked in ½ c. water overnight
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray mini muffin pan generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a stand up mixer, with paddle attachment combine unsweetened applesauce, oil and vanilla.
- Add in entire Zemas mix.
- Once combined, roll dough into 1 ½ inch balls.
- Place dough into muffin cup.
- Using your fingers, push into the center and up edges of the muffin cup.
- Bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven and use the back of a spoon to push the puffed up cookie gently back down into the center creating a bowl shape.
- Once cooled enough to handle, loosen cookie cups around the edges with a butter knife and gently pop out.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack before filling.
Almond Date Mousse
- Drain the dates and almonds.
- Place the dates and almonds into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick add in a tablespoon of water.
- Put filling in piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Pipe filling into the cookie cups(if the filling is too loose, refrigerate for up to an hour before piping).
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Feel free to swap to almonds for another seed or nut. Pistachios and cashews would be great!
- If you enjoyed these beauties, then you will love this gluten-free Cookie Cups with ganache recipe.
Zemas Madhouse Foods http://zemasfoods.com/